Class Dates: June 28 to July 25, 2021
WSET Course #: O1SP2106APP
Registration deadline: June 18, 2021
Exam: You will have the option to either sit the exam with a scheduled class (exams are run on the final class of any scheduled dates).
In Class: You can sit the exam with any level 1, 2 or 3 class in any of our locations (wine or spirits classes). Please book 21 days in advance.
Remote Invigilation: Your other alternative is to sit the exam through Remote Invigilation. Remote exams cost an extra $45. Remote exams must be booked with Wine Plus+ 28 days in advance and can be at any time you like (except between 10:30pm and midnight UK time). Click here for more info on Remote Invigilation exams.
- Duration – 4 weeks online guided study split into 5 modules including revision.
- Course activities – tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests, discussions and videos.
- Modules – students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during this 4-week window.
- Educator – support for 4 weeks.
- Materials – included in the online course. Students don’t need a physical textbook.
- Student access – students have access for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study. Please note that students have read-only access after the course finish date.
A beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
The course will be based around a 4-week, 5 module online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in sequential order during this 4-week window. The course material should take about 6 hours in total to complete, plus revision time. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
The course prepares the student for our qualifications and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between spirit types and styles.
Students are advised to taste a range of spirits during their studies. All the required spirits for the course can be found i n the “Recommended Tasting Samples for this Course” section online. Any additional spirits can be found in the Specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems –Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux –chrome OS
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support –Android apps require version 5.0or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS bothsupport the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
- Computer Speed and Processor –use a computer 5 years old or newer whenpossible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processorCa
- Internet Speed –along with compatibility and web standards, system carefullycrafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments, minimum of 512kbps
- Supported Browsers –please visit the following websitehttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720
- Other required software –Adobe Reader XI or equivalent.