Class Dates: November 9 to December 6, 2020
WSET Course #: O1WI2102APP
Registration deadline: Nov 2, 2020
Exam: Date & location to be confirmed (students can choose any existing exam date in the Okanagan, Vancouver or Victoria locations or do a remotely invigilated online exam for $45 extra) – 45 min exam
- Duration – 4 weeks online guided study split into 7 modules including revision.
- Course activities – tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests, discussions and videos.
- Modules – students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during this 4-week window.
- Educator – support for 4 weeks.
- Materials – included in the online course. Students don’t need a physical textbook.
- Student access – students have access for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study. Please note that students have read-only access after the course finish date.
This is an online beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
The course will be based around a 4–week, 7 module online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in order, but students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during this 4–week window. The course material should take about 6 hours in total to complete, plus revision time. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study. The exam will be sat in person at a later date.
The course prepares the student for our qualifications and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between grape varieties and types and styles of wine. Students are advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. All the required wines for the course can be found in the online Equipment List. Any additional wine tasting recommendations can be found in the Specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems –Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux –chrome OS
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support –Android apps require version 5.0or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS bothsupport the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
- Computer Speed and Processor –use a computer 5 years old or newer whenpossible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processorCa
- Internet Speed –along with compatibility and web standards, system carefullycrafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments, minimum of 512kbps
- Supported Browsers –please visit the following websitehttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720
- Other required software –Adobe Reader XI or equivalent.