Class Dates: September 2 to October 6, 2020
Couse #: O2WI2002APP
Registration deadline: August 18, 2020
Exam: Date & location to be confirmed (students can choose any existing exam date in the Okanagan, Vancouver or Victoria locations or for an extra $45 can take a remote invigilation exam) – 60 min exam
- Duration – 5 weeks online guided study split into 6 modules including revision.
- Course activities – tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests, discussions and videos supported by the textbook.
- Modules – include weekly tasks but students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during the schedulled 5 weeks.
- Educator – guides students through the weekly tasks for 5 weeks.
- Materials – APP must provide the relevant and current WSET study materials for this course.
- Student access – once the booking is confirmed, students have access for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study. Please note that students have read-only access after the course finish date.
WSET’s Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
The course is based around a 5–week, 6–module online programme with a recommendation of 6 hours study per week to cover the online activities and read the relevant chapters in the textbook. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
The course prepares the student for our qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Students should be advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems –Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux –chrome OS
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support –Android apps require version 5.0or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS bothsupport the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
- Computer Speed and Processor –use a computer 5 years old or newer whenpossible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processorCa
- Internet Speed –along with compatibility and web standards, system carefullycrafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments, minimum of 512kbps
- Supported Browsers –please visit the following websitehttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720
- Other required software –Adobe Reader XI or equivalent.