WSET Online Classes
In addition to our classroom courses, Wine Plus+ is now offering the option to take WSET Level 1 & Level 2 qualifications through online study.
About Online courses
Online study offers students the flexibility to complete their study at a time and place that suits them.
While WSET online courses are a great option for many, it is important to be aware of the following requirements:
- WSET examinations can now be taken online through Remote Invigilation (RI), or attend the examination in person. Wine Plus+ will provide exam options.
- Wine samples are not included in the cost of an online course.
How does the WSET Online Classroom work?
Each course has a set start and finish date, with clear guidelines on progression, however there are no fixed times to log-on as there is no “live” delivery of content. Students can complete their learning at times that suit them.
Students will learn through a range of independent and/or group activities supported by videos and quizzes, designed to achieve the required learning outcomes to prepare for the examination.
Throughout the course students will have access to a subject-specialist educator who’ll provide feedback on any assigned exercises and respond to course related queries.
Online Course Exam Options
You will have the option to either sit the exam with a scheduled class (exams are run on the final class of any scheduled dates) or via Remote Invigilation ($45 fee).
1) In Class: You can sit the exam with any level 1, 2 or 3 class in any of our locations. Please book 25 days in advance. See wineplus.ca for upcoming class dates. Exams are on the final day of all scheduled courses. Email email@example.com with the class date that you would like to sit the exam.
2) Remote Invigilation: Alternatively, you can sit the exam through Remote Invigilation. Remote exams cost an extra $45 due to the individual invigilation costs. Remote exams must be booked with Wine Plus+ 25 days in advance and can be at any time you like (except between 10:30pm and midnight UK time).
What is remote invigilation?
Remote Invigilation (RI) enables a candidate to sit their Level 1 or level 2 exam on a computer in a secure, invigilated environment from their home where they are monitored via webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device. Please read the following for more info on Remote Invigilation exams.:
- Read through the document Candidate Information – Remote Invigilation, including the Appendices, to make sure you are prepared for the exam conditions.
- Watch this video explaining how to setup your examination area, or click for a screenshot guide.
- Make sure that the name you used to register for your WSET exam matches the name on your official photographic ID. Please contact me if the names don’t match.
Cancellations – Cancellations must be made 10 working days before the exam. Cancellations within 10 days of the exam are non-refundable. If you miss your RI exam and need to re-book the current costs are $140 for Level 1 & $176 for Level 2.
To order a Remote Invigilation:
- Click here to purchase the RI exam.
- When you checkout, please enter the specific information below in the “Order Notes” section of the checkout page. (Remember! Exam orders must be at least 25 days in advance!)
- Exam time:
- Exam date:
- Time zone:
Courses available on the WSET Online Classroom
- Level 1 Award in Wines (4-week course)
- Level 2 Award in Wines (5-week course)
- Level 1 Award in Spirits (4-week course)
- Level 2 Award in Spirits (5-week course)
Remote Invigilation Device Information
To sit a remotely invigilated exam it is recommended that the devices you intend to use meet the following technical requirements. You will need two devices as follows:
Device One (to take the exam on):
|Bandwidth||1Mbit/s. Tethering is not supported|
|Browser||Latest version of Google Chrome|
|Screen Resolution||Recommended resolution 1440×900|
|PC||Windows 7 or higher|
|Mac||Mac OS X|
|Linux||64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+|
Device Two (for recording the exam room):
|Mobile Device||You will need a mobile device or tablet on which you will download the ProctorExam app. Instructions for downloading the app will be provided during the system check process|
|Android device specification||4.1 or higher|
|iOS (Apple) device||8.0 or higher|
PLEASE NOTE: The following devices are not supported: Google Chromebooks, Android tablets (Nexus 7, etc.), iOS tablets (iPad, iPad mini, etc.), and Microsoft Surface RT.